On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 02:00:40PM -0700, Jeff Hartmann wrote:
> > CVS drm has its up()'s and down()'s (pun intended) still and that needs to
> > change with more recent kernels.  I just haven't had much time to do
> > anything with it yet.
>
> Here is my recommendation:
> use 2.4.2 (don't use a pre patch unless you want to take all
> respondsibility for breakage.)
> use radeon.o kernel module from the CVS tree.
> Everything should work a HELL of alot better.

Unfortunately, I get bitten that way with a couple of 2.4.2 bugs that
Alan's fixed already with my network card.  Without recent -ac's, my nic
pukes on about 20% of the traffic you send through it.  I could try to
backport the current natsemi driver, but I'm a little bit leery of trying
to backport those memory and filesystem fixes as kernel code is beyond my
understanding for the most part.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Free software developer

<jt> should a bug be marked critical if it only affects one arch?
<james-workaway> jt: rc for that arch maybe, but those kind of arch
                 specific bugs are rare...
<jt> not when it's caused by a bug in gcc
<doogie> jt: get gcc removed from that arch. :)

PGP signature