On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Joseph Carter wrote:
>
> > I'm going to see if there are BIOS updates for it and I may also try the
> > Mesa 3.5 branch.  I'm seriously regretting my choice of the Radeon at the
> > moment, that's for sure.
> >

> With all the negativity floating around, I'd like to say that I think the
> DRI developers have done an *awesome* job on all the drivers I've used
> (Voodoo3/4/5, Rage 128, G400, i810, and Radeon).  Aside from a handful of
> problems (most due to configuration errors on my end) these drivers have
> worked nearly flawlessly for me.  These driver have *never* caused me to
> regret buying the cards I did, and have, on more than one occaision, made
> me proud of the choices I made.
>
> Anytime the dri developers are in the Philadelphia area, dinner is on me
> :-)

Same here.  It seems like DRI rolls along swiftly and surely to greater,
faster, and more stable code, despite what seems like a serious lack of
bandwidth/hardware/docs/appreciation supplied to the developers.

At some stages in time, some things are going to be broken, but nobody is
forcing the user to run the latest and greatest.  CVS has the ability to
checkout arbitrary dates and revisions.  Take advantage of that.

-jwb