On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 08:31:52PM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> > I'm still having problems with the Radeon.  Since I grabbed the BIOS
> > settings on the last reboot, I'll try to provide as much information as I
> > can in the hopes that the problem may be reproduced, worked around, or
> > fixed.  I've been using Mercury's CVS DRI Debian packages.
>
> <snip>
>
> hrmm interesting.  Is that motherboard a KT133A?  On my radeon + kt133a, I
> can play UT for hours.  Does your Radeon perhaps have an interrupt
> assigned?  Are you using the FB console?

KT133A, yes.

           CPU0
  0:     894911          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          4          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:      30743          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci
 11:      15830          XT-PIC  bttv, eth0
 12:     174455          XT-PIC  EMU10K1
 14:      36025          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         12          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:     895803
ERR:       1197

No IRQ by the looks of it.  No FB console, it sounded too experimental in
the changelogs for my tastes.  Plus the FB console stuff is unilaterally
slower rendering an 8x16 font on an 80x30 screen than any *term rendering
a 10x20 font at ... however big I can make it at 1024x768.  But I'll spare
you my rants about fbcon performance, I just gave one to l-k about the DUL
and one an evening is enough.  =)

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Free software developer

Software is like sex, it's better when it's free.     -- Linus Torvalds

PGP signature