On Fri, 11 May 2001, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 06:11:19PM -0400, Zilvinas Valinskas wrote:
> > > This is interesting since terra and I both have crashes within 30 seconds
> > > on these boards.  I'm very interested in what you've done to get it
> > > working.  She has a KT7-RAID, I have a KT7A.
> > > I'm considering getting something with an AMD chipset, but AFAIK there are
> > > issues with USB being quite screwed up on those boards.
> > I assume that this dual boot boxes (with win9x/win2k) and linux ?
> Not in my case (KT7A), but I believe it is in terra's (KT7-RAID)..  This
> machine has NEVER booted windoze and has had its BIOS cleared a couple
> times.

This box has been known to boot Win2k (with, er, fairly recent VIA
drivers installed after the ATi ones). Check options in the BIOS- set
Plug'n'Play OS to NO, set Reset ESCD Configuration data to Enabled.
Double-check init graphics first (in, er, integrated peripherals, I
think) is set to AGP.
Any change?

OK, obligatory lspci check... I've now updated to pci-utils 2.1.8, rather
than 2.0 that came with RedHat 6.1...

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device
5144 (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 001a
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping+ SERR- FastB2B-

Odd that so much seems so fundamentally different (from earlier when I was
pointing the blame at rate=none...)

--
Regards, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
My website: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~csuli/