Frank Earl wrote:

> How about all those people without the luxury of upgrading- say laptops
> and things like iMacs?  Go buy a whole new computer- not an option, when
> you think about it.  This is not to say you have to be doing it- but
> someone ought to be doing something about it.  I'm not into forced
> upgrades just because some hardware vendor decided that something's too
> old or a software vendor did the same- I suspect a lot of us aren't
> either, Gareth.

That's fine -- I wasn't suggesting that.  But, for the people who can
actually do this job, the r128/G400 isn't terribly interesting anymore.
Isn't the whole open source thing about developers scratching an itch?

Talk with Keith and Brian, I'm sure they'd agree with me.  We are graphics
programmers for a reason, and keeping up to date with the latest research
and rendering techniques is important as a result.  I'd rather be making a
difference to the state-of-the-art than tweaking a driver I wrote 18 months
ago.  But that's just me...

-- Gareth