Michel Dänzer wrote:

 > Probably, but I sure don't think it's about them saying "I don't care
 > about problems with my code" ;)

What are you trying to say here?  I'm not sure I see the connection...

> Fair enough, I just wish you'd be a bit more supportive to those of us who are
> trying (with very limited resources, mind you) to fix it, as you're probably
> the man with the single most intimate knowledge of the driver. You don't have
> to do it yourself, just help us do it. :)

What do you want from me?  I've spent a long time:

1) Working on the Utah-GLX driver for the Rage Pro.

2) Working on the DRI drivers for the Rage 128 (including PPC), G400, V3/V5
and Radeon.

3) Trying to get the DRI driver for the Rage Pro working.

Anyone who questions my dedication to this project can take it up with me
offline -- I'd be more than happy to discuss it with them.  As for helping
you to get the driver working, every bit of work I did is available from the
CVS repository.  Yes, I couldn't get it fully working, but that does not
mean I didn't try.

I think you are missing my point -- having to maintain a driver for a card
that's four or five generations old as a full-time job just plain sucks
arse.  Doing it as a project in your spare time will most likely be a lot of
fun, particularly if it's something new.  Thus, your efforts to get a driver
working for the Rage Pro, or adding things to the Rage 128 driver, are quite
valid and I hope you get something working.

-- Gareth