On Friday 14 September 2001 21:08, you wrote:

> That's fine -- I wasn't suggesting that.  But, for the people who can
> actually do this job, the r128/G400 isn't terribly interesting anymore.
> Isn't the whole open source thing about developers scratching an itch?

Cool.  It just came across differently, somehow...  Dunno, guess it's due to
the incidents of the week combined with nothing still on making the RagePRO
go under DRI (I think I'm closer- there's some stuff that's being incorrectly
set in the ati XFree86 driver, I've un-done that and now the bus-master seems
to hang the box solid instead of do nothing at all...  There's still
something missing that's messing things up- I just can't finger it yet.).

> Talk with Keith and Brian, I'm sure they'd agree with me.  We are graphics
> programmers for a reason, and keeping up to date with the latest research
> and rendering techniques is important as a result.  I'd rather be making a
> difference to the state-of-the-art than tweaking a driver I wrote 18 months
> ago.  But that's just me...

To be honest, I'd love to be in your position- but the number of jobs for
that sort of thing are limited and I couldn't relocate anyhow.  So, I guess,
for now at least, I'll settle for working on the old junk- someone's got to
do it, right?   :->

Again, I'm thrilled that you got the job at NVidia.

--
Frank Earl