On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Michael Thaler wrote:

> I downloaded the trunk and the mach64 branch from CVS. I compiled
> everything with make world and loaded the mach64 module into the
> kernel. I used XFree 4.10 from debian unstable to test the driver.

Did you find the ati_dri.so and put it in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri? Try
running 'LIBGL_DEBUG=1 glxgears', and see if it gives any useful output
about not being able to dlopen() a necessary .so, or not being able to
open a device, or whatever - that should at least give you some idea
what the matter is.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN