Philip Brown wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> could someone take 1 minute and run through agpgart.h,
> just taking a look at the structs for the ioctls,
> and add comments for which "page" fields are ADDRESSES, vs which
> page fields are INDEXES/page-counts. My head's beginning to spin.
> I'll narrow it down for ya:
>
> typedef struct _agp_segment {
>         off_t pg_start;         /* starting page to populate    */
>         size_t pg_count;        /* number of pages              */
>
> typedef struct _agp_bind {
>         off_t pg_start;         /* starting page to populate    */
>
> typedef struct _agp_allocate {
>         size_t pg_count;        /* number of pages              */
>               [Is this really "number of pages", or is it actually
>                 "amount of memory"? If really "number of pages",
>                 then WHY ISNT IT AN INT?!!]

 From what is in the code, AFAI understand, this *is* really the number
of pages. And 'size_t' is nothing but an 'unsigned int' (in Linux at
least...). Here is the relevant excerpt from 'malloc.h' :

# undef  size_t
# define size_t          unsigned int

It looks like every '*_start' field is an adress, while every '*_count'
is a number of pages...

a+
--
Nicolas Aspert      Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)