On 30 Jan 2002, Jose Fonseca wrote:

> I've decided to add some pertinent comments from Mike Harris regarding
> the availability of documentation under NDA to the DRI Devel FAQ (
> http://mefriss1.swan.ac.uk/~jfonseca/dri/faq/html/hardware.html#ATI-SPECS )
>
> In the comments Mike makes strong reference to join as XFree86 developer
> as a mean to obtain NDA documentation that is shared to all XFree86
> developers, but it was mentioned in the last IRC meeting that this is no
> longer true.
>
> The fact is that the XFree86 developer page
> (http://www.xfree.org/developer.html) makes no mention to this and I
> would like to know if this still holds true or not.

    At one time, the XFree86 project had some chip docs under
NDA and you had to officially become an XFree86 member (join our
corporation) to have access to it.  Times have changed.  I don't
know of any documentation that the XFree86 project keeps that
isn't available elsewhere.  There are still alot of individuals
and projects that have NDA'd documentation, but these are not
NDAs with the XFree86 Project Inc.  XFree86 doesn't really
sign NDAs anymore because it hasn't been necessary.

                                Mark.