On 2002.04.18 23:28 Gareth Hughes wrote:
> Getting specs (full or otherwise) for DX8.1 and/or DX9.x compliant cards
> may be difficult.  You should also think about the effort it will take
> to support the DX8 and beyond feature sets in a competitive manner.
>
> Now, I don't want to discourage you all from trying, but times have
> changed a lot since we were dealing with rasterization-only cards like
> the G200 and Rage Pro.  I'll certainly be watching with interest :-)
>
> -- Gareth

So what do you think the future reserves for the open-source OSs? Just
closed-source drivers, perhaps some Wine-alike binary emulated Windows
drivers and a bunch of opensource legacy cards drivers..?

I really hope not... and at least in with the cards that I may aquire in
future I'll surely avoid that that happens.

José Fonseca