On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:44:59 +0200
Peter Andersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Okey, i think i have located some of the problems one is that there
> only are 4mb  of sdram on my Mach64 graphics board and that the driver
> requests:
>
> (WW) ATI(0): DRI static buffer allocation failed -- need at least 5625
> kB video memory

I looked at your XFree86-log. It says you're using 32 bit color depth.
Try 16. That will reduce the amount of memory used by 2d and also
increase 3d performance a lot.

> The second problem is that the kernel identifies my graphicsboard as
> pci while it is in fact agp. This might be due to a problem i had
> while compiling the kernel, agpgart didn´t know what to do with
> "flush_cache" for ppc so i had to cheat a little there.

As far as I can see, agp is detected correctly:
> (--) ATI(0): AGP bus interface detected;  block I/O base is 0x0400.

The other line
> (WW) ATI(0): Option "AGPMode" is not used
just means that the driver doesn't know the AGPMode option. That's the
same on x86 :).

> No DRI kernel drivers get loaded....

Due to the memory allocation error.

> Peter

Regards,
   Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!