On 2002.04.24 07:06 Felix Kühling wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:44:59 +0200
> Peter Andersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Okey, i think i have located some of the problems one is that there
> > only are 4mb  of sdram on my Mach64 graphics board and that the driver
> > requests:
> >
> > (WW) ATI(0): DRI static buffer allocation failed -- need at least 5625
> > kB video memory
>
> I looked at your XFree86-log. It says you're using 32 bit color depth.
> Try 16. That will reduce the amount of memory used by 2d and also
> increase 3d performance a lot.

You have as little memory as I do as so you will probably also want to
lower the default screen resolution to 640x320, to increase performance as
Felix said. Attached are a some simple scripts I use to comment out the
Mode 1024x768 lines of XF86Config-4 (switching to 640x320 as I don't have
800x600 there) and also to set/restore the symlinks to call the X server
in /usr/X11R6-DRI. You'll probably have to adapt them to your distribution
if you want to use them.

José Fonseca