On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 06:42:21PM +0100, Jose Fonseca wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 14:13, Jens Owen wrote:
> > I believe the r128 driver's PCI support still utilizes GART
> > functionality to allow non-contiguous memory to be utilized.  Your
> > driver may be the first to need true PCI support, and *possibly* the
> > last to need it unless other legacy chipsets of the same era are
> > supported.
>
> The gamma driver could use it (but just to have a little more code
> readability). I don't know if MGA has a PCI version but it would
> simplify substantially extending its support in case there is, as there
> would be possible to make a parallelism between the AGP and PCI code. I
> believe that the Savage chips come in PCI versions too, and this might
> be handy again.

Doing a quick check on eBay found PCI G200 (and older!) cards, but no G400+
cards.  It also turned up a couple Savage4 PCI cards, a Trident Blade3D
card, and an SiS 6326 card.  The other question, that may be more difficult
to answer, is which laptop chipsets do we card about that only have PCI
interfaces?

--
Tell that to the Marines!