On 2002.04.24 19:09 Jens Owen wrote:

> Jose,
>
> I recall hearing that having an AGP vs. PCI bus connection is
> independent of whether you can use the GART functionality or not.
> Something along the lines of it's possible to plug a Rage128 into a PCI
> slot and still have the page mapping provided by the GART.

The PCI GART functionality requires support from the graphics hardware to
make all those sparse pages in system memory look like continuous to the
card. R128 and Radeon have it, but that's about the only cards that do
have it that I'm aware of. All other cards require that the system memory
buffer to be contiguous individually.

>          Jens Owen            /  \/\ _
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /    \ \ \   Steamboat Springs, Colorado

José Fonseca