On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Peter Andersson wrote:

> >OK, I found out what was causing the oops, but I'm not sure why yet.  It
> >was in mach64_dma_vertex:
> >
> >buf_priv->prim = vertex.prim;
> >buf_priv->discard = vertex.discard;
> >
> >I've disabled these lines until I can figure out what's wrong.  Peter can
> >you update cvs and try it again?
> >
> Now i have re-compiled the entire dri-tree, and yes something has
> happened. When i run glxgears i do get the glxgears displayed, this has
> never happened before! The problem is that as soon as the window is
> displayed the computer hangs and the only way to shut it down is via
> control+alt+delete, and i am not very happy about that. I can´t see any
> error messages in the system log, please get back to me on how you wish
> me to proceed.

hmmm.. OK, here are some questions for you:  Did you actually see the
gears being drawn, or just the window with a black background?  If you saw
them being drawn, did you see them moving before the lockup?  When the
lockup happened, did the screen blank or did it just freeze?

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net