On 2002.04.29 01:29 Peter Andersson wrote:
>> I said that u had to make ctrl-alt-del. This in PowerPC means what? Can
>> u still ssh? If yes a backtrace from glxgears would be great.
>

> I can in no way connect to the computer at all, not via telnet or any
> other remote terminal. Ctrl-alt-del (actually its
> ctrl-"apple-button"-"powerbutton") in PPC means the same thing as in
> x86, its as close to pulling the power plug as you can get.
>
>> If not running    DRI_MACH64_DEBUG=all glxgears > dump.txt 2>&1 would
>> have to do.
>
> This was also impossible i´m afraid. I can´t find the dump.txt after the
> reboot.

mmm.. don't see why it didn't work. Well, from a ssh session do:

export DISPLAY=:0.0
DRI_MACH64_DEBUG=sync,api,msg,ioctl glxgears

With some luck (and not too much buffering) you may be able to see
something before the computer locks. And since you're at it, also load the
kernel module with debug option and redirect it to a file (as specified in
a previous email), to see if there is anything unusual there.

José Fonseca