Around 13 o'clock on May 24, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Keith, I've got an extra one you could get if actual hw access is the
> problem (as opposed to just time, which tends to be the biggest problem
> most of the time).

I've got a stack of video cards; I can manage to get another, and I think
I'll have some spare time just after Usenix.  I got a bit behind in
releasing Xft2 and fontconfig and am attempting to catch up this week.

I do have Qt3 patches for Xft2 if you're interested in giving those a
whirl...  (http://keithp.com/fonts)

> Now this is for somebody else to sort out, but it does sound like the DRI
> and XF86 would be better off trying to work together more.. There's
> probably not a _lot_ of overlap, so it shouldn't be painful.

We have an agreement in principle for DRI to use the XFree86 CVS tree
instead of their separate tree on sourceforge, but that hasn't happened
for reasons I don't understand.  While that won't fix everything, it
should help keep the two main development branches going in the same
direction.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab