So I did some quick testing on the Radeon 7500...  I won't be able to do
any thorough testing till tomorrow, probably, but this is what I've found
so far...

For the most part, everything seems to run smoothly.  I ran a number of gl
apps without any issues.  I was unable to replicate the lockup from
dragging one glxgears window around on top of another, though I did this
for at least a minute.

I was able to replicate the same problem I had with the 7200: starting up
circuit and engine caused the X server to lockup.  With the 7200 it
happened immediately, but with the 7500 it didn't happen till I clicked on
the frame of one of the windows, thinking I'd drag it around.

I'll try to do some more robust testing with that card tonight or
tomorrow.

Adam