On Thursday 04 Jul 2002 8:03 pm, Tim Smith scribed numinously:"
> On Thursday 04 Jul 2002 7:22 pm, Felix Kühling scribed numinously:"
>
> > On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 17:19:23 +0100
> >
> > Tim Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > (on my system glxgears behaves quite oddly with pageflipping enabled
> > > even with only one; it has brief periods of seeming to animate slowly
> > > backwards, but shows no significant change in framerate - it is the
> > > only app that I've tried that behaves so strangely)
> >
> > This may be just because it is so fast with page flipping that the CRT
> > refresh samples the animation at too low a rate. If between each
> > refresh the gear turns forward by more than half a tooth it appears to
> > be spinning backward.
>
> I figured something like that; wheels on a car in tv programs and all
> that. It just seems odd that it shows no significant change in the
> framerate versus no pageflipping where it doesn't happen - within one or
> two fps only. *shrugs*

And before anyone points it out, yes I know it'll be to do with where the
scan line has gotten to given that the page flip happens more quickly than
the draw-to-front-buffer.

--
Tim Smith ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
"Oink" is a deadly insult in Gamorrese.