On Thursday 04 Jul 2002 7:11 pm, Keith Whitwell scribed numinously:"
> Tim Smith wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 Jul 2002 5:28 pm, Keith Whitwell scribed numinously:"

> >>This is the cliprect issue...
> >
> > Arrgh. This happened to me *once* only. I haven't been able to make it
> > happen again since. (FWIW the background corruption occasionally
> > happened before I started playing with the tree)
> >
> > Using the SET_SCISSORS command, I am getting what I'd expect (now that
> > you've explained the coarse scheduling): I once managed to move the
> > glxgears window such that the gears are being drawn off-center (i.e.
> > where they used to be before the window moved) but they were clipped
> > correctly at the edge of the window.
> >
> > With two glxgears overlapping, I get a clean, properly clipped display
> > when the rear one is animating. I see a slight flicker in the overlap
> > region when the front one gets the lock, but otherwise everything looks
> > fine. I've tried rebooting and power-cycling too. Most annoying.
>
> The slight flicker is all I usually see either.  This is why I didn't
> spot it in cursory testing.  However, if you disable
> radeon_emit_clip_rect() altogether, ie put a 'return' in the first line,
> you get exactly the same behaviour...  The coarse sheduling plus the fact
> that cliprects keep on working normally for 'clear' and 'swapbuffers'
> manages to hide the fact that they aren't working at all for 3d
> rendering.

Yes. It looks like the SET_SCISSORS command doesn't do what I think it does.
Back to the drawing board :-/ There may yet be a clean way to fix my other
lockup without having to do wait states. At least I have another test I can
use to make sure I haven't broken anything this time.

--
Tim Smith ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
"Violence never solved anything permanently."