    Stefan> cvs). X starts up fine for me, and 3D also works to some extent
    Stefan> (glxgears, glx-screensavers work for example, but q3a, wolf and so on
    Stefan> crash after a few minutes of playing). I still got some trouble with Xv,
    Stefan> sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but that's another story...
    Stefan> Other than that I haven't experienced any 2D errors.

While we're at it ... I wanted to say that I'm using the r200 branch
for some days now and never had any lockups/crashes whatsoever with
Q3A and Q2 (haven't tried UT, though) ... Even 3ddesk works fine - an
app that occasionally scrashed with the FireGL drivers. I'm using
r200-20020708 on an AMD 500, "ATI Radeon 8500 QL (AGP)" (that's what
XFree says, it should be 8500LE, 64MB) and 2.4.19-pre10+lowlatency.

I'm seeing a "black box" with Xv; but starting "mplayer -vo xvidix
<somempg>" magically enables Xv ... strange but it works.

The conclusion: thank you very much for all this! But one problem:
with the OpenSource driver working, I haven't any reasons left to not
install FreeBSD again ...

cu, Adam.

P.S.: how do I enable TCL in these drivers? (it says "TCL disabled").
--
 Adam Duck ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 Bockenheimer Landstr. 135 / Zi. 211