On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 06:50:50PM +0200, Dieter Nützel wrote:
>Am Mittwoch, 2. Oktober 2002 18:35 schrieb Andy Dustman:
[...]
>> Which is it, then: Snapshots or no snapshots? The current snapshots (for
>> linux-i386) don't work unless you have Red Hat 8.0 and/or glibc-2.3; I'm
>> not even sure that they work on that platform. Broken snapshots are
>> worse than no snapshots at all (you can't download something that isn't
>> going to work if it isn't there).
>
>Sorry, but read again.
>I didn't deny the snapshots per se.
>Only your call for something like dripkg.sh.

I'm completely lost with the heading of this thread.

If I understood correctly, what's on the table is the generation of some
snapshots until things go on track again (i.e., I setup a chroot'd
environment to build the snapshots).

Andy, it's not the right time to discuss what should & shouldn't be included
in the binary snapshots.

And the best way to acomplish this is using the dripkg.sh script,
which is the one that has been making the binary snapshots until now.

If things don't workout this way then it's best to have no
snapshots at all for a couple of days, than to have greater fuss than
the one that already is.

>The RedHat 8.0/glibc-2.3 "problem" is simple. Stay away from it before
>glibc-2.3 is in wide spread. Installing a "brand" new distro on a "building
>system" isn't much useful in any way.

Dieter, could you please explain what do you mean with this? If you whish
to take up the task of building the snapshots please be my guest,
because I'm pretty tired of having to justify myself to others in
respect of a service I offer freely using resources which are destinated to a
specific unrelated end and that don't even belong to me.

Jose Fonseca