I finally last night got the CVS version to run, but only by running the
complete X server out of the build tree. glxgears runs several hundred
fps (I forget the exact number) but even better, used virtually no CPU
time, so apparently the IRQ stuff is working. (Radeon 8500 128MB (QL),
Pentium III-700, Red Hat Linux 7.3)

What didn't work was making a binary snapshot (via the dripkg.sh script)
and installing that over the system-wide X installation: It does the the
same old trick of the video going dead and X dying on signal 11. This is
no surprise since the snapshot lacks some of the libraries which DRI has
updated.

If I can put together a binary snapshot with the right libraries that
will work with a stock installation, I'll be happy to supply these,
since they should be like the old snapshots that José Fonseca was
supplying prior to his upgrade.

Can anyone put together a list of what libraries must be upgraded? The
GL directory in the dripkg is empty in all the old snapshots; I suspect
that's a Bad Thing.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0x930B8AB6
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy