Ian Romanick wrote:
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 11:46:53PM +0100, Dieter Nützel wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 6. November 2002 23:26 schrieb Brian Paul:

Michel Dänzer wrote:

I'm not sure when the texmem work will get pulled into the trunk.
Maybe before your Mesa-5.0 pull into the Mesa-4.1 branch?

Probably not, but the two branches are unrelated.  The real question is,
"When will both branches be merged in with the trunk?"  I know that there
will be some difficulties there wrt cube map support in the R200 (and
hopefully R100!) driver.  I don't think that should be too horrible to work
out, though.

XFree86 4.3 will have Mesa 4.0.4.  The timing was just too tight to get
5.0 into XFree86 4.3.  Besides, the DRI drivers and indirect GLX code
don't enable all the extensions needed for OpenGL 1.4 anyway.
Is this hammered in stone?
When will we see the next XFree86 release (4.4.0), then.
Shouldn't OpenGL 1.4 better go in sooner then later?

Would the Mesa 5.x merge be too large of a change for XFree86 4.3.1?  There
are going to be quite a few changes going in "shortly" after that merge that
will really improve OpenGL support on XFree86...

I don't know.  I think we'll have to play it by ear.

-Brian