On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 05:48:22PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Don, 2002-11-07 at 17:38, Alan Hourihane wrote:

> > > I'm ok with that too, as long as it simplifies rather than complicates the
> > > lives of people who are doing XFree merges.
> >
> > I wouldn't like to remove the drivers. They don't cause any import conflicts
> > and they're useful to those who want to start a DRI driver for another chipset.
>
> They can trivially be added back in that case, and these libraries for
> people who want to provide packages off the DRI tree.

Why remove them, if we end up having to put them back ? And for the libraries -
they haven't changed since 4.2.0 - so why would people want to put them
in packages ?

> > But GLU is a pain in the neck. It has alsorts of $Id, $Revision and $Date
> > cvs tags that get updated during commits. This causes import conflicts
> > and the work involved to resolve them. I doubt we'll ever work on GLU or GLw.
>
> I see, I'll cope.

O.k.

> Anyway, back to the point of my patch: even in the context of the
> XFree86 tree, does it make sense only to build these libraries when all
> libraries are built, even if the user explicitly wants to build them?

Like I said, Check with Eric. I know he added a BuildLibraries to
the XThrStub one, so maybe there's an underlying build problem somewhere
else that needs to be fixed before we can apply this.

Alan.