On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 11:35, Bret Towe wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 05:20, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> >
> > Hey folks,
> >
> >     Wasn't sure if you guys were aware of this, but there's a new
> > patch out for ut2k that removes the requirement for an OpenGL driver which
> > supports S3TC.
> >
> >     I applied the patch and attempted to play the game very briefly
> > last night.  The result of that attempt can be seen at:
> >
> > http://memory.visualtech.com/shot.png
> >
> >     The speed was rather decent (which is a big plus), but the games
> > is rendered really poorly.  I entered a bug for this with
> > http://bugzilla.icculus.org, but it's Ryan Gordon's belief that this is
> > most likely a bug with the DRI drivers and not with the game, though he
> > said he'd be more than happy to answer any questions from the DRI
> > developers.
> >
> > Adam
> >
> i also tried this out last night, it did load some but x froze for me
> after a few seconds into the intro screen (radeon 7500)
> it wasnt a complete hard freeze tho i was able to ssh in and reboot the
> computer ok (killing ut2k3 didnt help matters any)

i tried it again with the last couple of updates and it does load and
run i can configure it but it did freeze apon loading a level
i also noticed ut2k3's log full of

Log: OpenGL Error: GL_INVALID_ENUM (UOpenGLRenderDevice::Unlock)
(if anyone wants the full log let me know)

also is there a way to disable xrandr(im assuming its the cause) from
setting the display modes? cause my monitor doesnt like any of the modes
its chooses for each res