On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Ian Romanick wrote:

> Daniel Vogel wrote:
> > i tried it again with the last couple of updates and it does load and
> > run i can configure it but it did freeze apon loading a level
> > i also noticed ut2k3's log full of
> >
> > Log: OpenGL Error: GL_INVALID_ENUM (UOpenGLRenderDevice::Unlock)
> > (if anyone wants the full log let me know)
> >

> > I think it is related to the lack of either ATI_texture_env_combine3 or
> > NV_texture_env_combine4. ATI_texture_env_combine3 should be an easy
> > extension to add to DRI though I'll add an ugly fallback for the next patch.
> > I doubt it explains any lockups.
>
> Adding ATIX_texture_env_combine3 has been (somewhere near the bottom) of
> my TODO list for quite some time now.  I think this moves it up at least
> a couple positions. :)
>
> The only problem is that this extension is an "X" extension, and isn't
> listed in the extension registry.  The net result is that the enums for
> it aren't in the "standard" glext.h file.  I know that Brian hasn't
> wanted to hand-edit glext.h in the past, but perhaps an exception could
> be made?  Either that or perhaps would could collectively prod ATI into
> posting the extension to the registry. :)

I was looking at this today also and it looks like ATI promoted it to ATI_
from ATIX_ (spec. is dated 8/1/02):

http://www.ati.com/developer/sdk/RadeonSDK/Html/Info/ATI_texture_env_combine3.txt

But as you say, it's still not in the registry or glext.h yet.  BTW, the
same goes for S3_s3tc if we ever get permission to implement texture
compression.  Some older apps look for that instead of
EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, e.g. Quake 3.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net