Ian Romanick wrote:
Keith Whitwell wrote:

Ian Romanick wrote:

CVSROOT:    /cvsroot/dri
Module name:    xc
Repository:    xc/xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/mga/
Changes by:    idr@sc8-pr-cvs1.    03/01/27 15:47:14

Log message:
  Major re-write of the texture upload code.  Added support to G400 for
  2048x2048 textures and use of all 12 mipmap levels.

Cool -- I never got the 'g400' style texture addressing to work properly...

Keith

It's a little weird, that's for sure. There's a big comment in mgacontext.h that explains what I did and how it could possibly be improved in the future. Basically it works like this. On the G200 there were 5 pointer that were used to point to the individual mipmaps. On G400, those same 5 pointers are still there, but by setting a bit in one of the pointers the next pointer will be used as an offset to the rest of the mipmaps. I just always set that magic bit in the first pointer and the next pointer tells the hardware where all the rest of the mipmaps are.

Did you ever monkey around with their 16-sample texture filter (the "anisotropic" mode)? I played with that a bit, but every time I selected that mode it would crash the graphics chip. :(
No, never tried it. Do you have to somehow dedicate both texture units to the task?

Keith