Leif Delgass wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Keith Whitwell wrote:

Ian Romanick wrote:

Keith Whitwell wrote:

The other bug report I've had is triggered in similar circumstances, but goes into an infinite loop inside DRI_VALIDATE_DRAWABLE_INFO(), as a magic stamp value never gets updated because the X protocol message never succeeds -- but it doesn't segfault.

I've got a patch that solves (I hope) that problem, but I'm not sure working around this is a good idea as it seems to result from maybe a double free somewhere...

Yes. The light-05 test in viewperf shows this bug on r200. If you want to send me your patch, I can try it out.
There are now two patches, one from Egbert Eich (who reported the
problem).  I haven't had time to look at his as it changes some deep,
dark, dri stuff that I wasn't ever involved with, but looks sane
nonetheless.  His avoids the error reply from the X server, whereas mine
copes with it once it arrives.  I'm not sure either will help texobj
which seems to be a malloc/free bug.

I'm attaching both.  I actually think applying *both* is the way to go.

The reordering in driDestroyDrawable fixes the X error with texobj for me. I never got a segfault running texobj outside of gdb. I do remember
seeing one once while debugging, but I can't recall how I got there and
can't reproduce it. Where did you see the malloc problem?
The segfault you report is inside malloc, but called from the X error handler. As the 2nd patch removes the error, you never get to malloc, but my guess is something is still screwy there. However, as you say, you only see this in gdb, so I don't know what that means...

Anyway, it sounds like it's worthwhile committing these.

Keith