Felix and I have been slowing working on a more solidified design of
the DRI configuration idea that has been discussed on this list a couple
of times.  During our last public discussion in which we were talking
about configuration file formats we attempted to find a item in which to
key everything else from.  We played around with using Screens and driver
names, but in the end we were looking at keying off the device identifier.
At this time I still believe that is the best thing to use, but we have
no way at this time of grabbing such information from inside a DRI driver.

What I would like to do is add a field to the DRIInfoRec struct:

char* cardIdentifier or char* configIdentifier

It seems to be the most logical route since most of these type of options
already exist there:

  /* device info */
  char*       drmDriverName;
  char*       clientDriverName;
  char*       busIdString;

This option would set in the DRIScreenInit much like the busIdString is
set during initialization.  Does anyone see any issues with this or does
anyone have any technical objections on why this shouldn't be done?

--
||  D. Hageman                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ||