On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:14:09PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 08:25, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Also, before you speak about unifying the 2D and 3D drivers
> > you need to look at how a 3D desktop would work.
>
> I would assume roughly like the Apple renders seem to work now, or how
> the opengl accelerated canvas works in E. That bit is hardly rocket
> science.

So, No 2D windows on the face of rotating cubes ?

I was thinking more on the metaphor side of things than on the technical
one when you ask the question.

But sure a desktop task bar where each icon would be an animated 3D
object floating a small distance on top of the taskbar would be neat,
maybe the taskbar could even have an horizontal feel or something like
that.

BTW, i like the way Apple is doing icons that grow when you pass over
them, i guess they will be using the same trick for the tabs in their
new safari browser.

Friendly,

Sven Luther