> Does DRI have a future with neither NVIDIA nor ATI participating?
> Are people actually talking to them about why they don't use it and
> what has to be done to remedy this fact? Shouldn't this be a top priority?

To clarify: I meant what has to be done to make DRI (direct rendering
*infrastructure*) attractive for IHVs. I didn't mean to imply what has to be
done to get NVIDIA or ATI to release open source drivers and whatnot.

The open source/ closed source discussion has been beaten to death and is
irrelevant to this thread.

My point was/is that without NVIDIA or ATI using the DRI infrastructure it
is doomed to fail.

-- Daniel, Epic Games Inc.