On Thursday 05 June 2003 07:08 pm, Leif Delgass wrote:

> Try a lower resolution and/or color depth.  We can fix the segfault, but
> that won't change the fact that there isn't enough on-card memory to use
> 3D at the configured resolution/depth (at least with the current static
> shared back buffer allocation scheme).

Right then, it works.  But being the person I am, I just can't leave well
enough alone....

The box on my card (XPert 128 [r128 chip, 16 MB RAM] ) claims 1280 * 1024 @ 16
bbp.  Is that then OS- or driver-specific?  I would think the card has at
least those capabilities.  Currently in Linux I'm at 1152 * 864 @ 16 bbp
(1280 * 1024 segfaults) and the logs claim:

(II) R128(0): Reserved 832 kb for textures at offset 0xf30000

Seems awful low to me.  (Of course, I wouldn't have the background to know
better).  So is this a DRI driver issue?