On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 11:00:18PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 13:14, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> > Andreas Stenglein wrote:
> > >
> > > 3) in radeon_ioctl.c, function radeonEmitVbufPrim()
> > > the first cmd is cleared before filled with the cmd_type:
> > >    cmd[0].i = 0;
> > >    cmd[0].header.cmd_type = RADEON_CMD_PACKET3_CLIP;
> > > should this be done in radeonEmitBlit() also or
> > > is that not necessary?
> >
> > Quite possibly it should.
>
> Definitely a good idea, or the other header fields may have random
> contents.

I thought I'd added that once to make the verbose debug output slightly easier to read?
I'm pretty sure the way the variable's checked in the kernel it doesn't matter.

> Actually, why not clear the header in AllocCmdBuf() instead of
> in the callers? While it may be cleared unnecessarily sometimes like
> that, the potential for random behaviour might be the worse option.

Zeroing all the Alloc'd buffer will just slow it down a bit (but probably
make some more verbose output slightly easier to read - does anyone ever use
the verbose output though? If it matters, it'd be easy enough to fix it in the
verbose output anyway)

--
Michael.