In gmane.comp.video.dri.devel, you wrote:
>> Is my RV200 QW a regular Radeon 7500 or some lame el cheapo model?
>> What's the expected glxgears rate for my kind of setup?
>
> For comparison, I have a cheap clone radeon card
> also with RV200 QW chip, 64MB SDR Ram and passive cooling (as an
> indication for the unknown clock frequency). With 24-bit color depth,
> agp 4x and page flipping I get glxgears frame rates around 750 fps.

I have the same parameters; same card, 64 MB SDR RAM, passive
cooling, 24 bit color depth, 4x agp and enabled page flipping and
just half of that frame rate.

What kind of CPU do you have? How far does the CPU power influence
the result of glxgears?

> One
> more thing that may influence the performance is your screen resolution
> and refresh rate as the refresh consumes memory bandwidth.

It's just plain 72 Hz, nothing special.

Cheers,
        Moritz