> > Well, in my previous mail I was citing the wrong XFree86.0.log. The
> > right one shows that DRI is actually disabled. And dmesg gives me this:
> >
> > [drm:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without lock held
> > [drm:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 5985 using kernel context 0
>
> This is usually a symptom, not a cause. Look at the server log.
OK. Here it is.

% grep -i agp /var/log/XFree86.0.log | tail -9
(--) Chipset ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 (M9) Lf (AGP) found
(**) RADEON(0): Option "AGPMode" "4"
(--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 (M9) Lf
(AGP)" (ChipID = 0x4c66)
(II) RADEON(0): AGP card detected
(**) RADEON(0): Using AGP 4x mode
(II) RADEON(0): AGP Fast Write disabled by default
(WW) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available
(EE) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP failed to initialize. Disabling the DRI.
(II) RADEON(0): [agp] You may want to make sure the agpgart kernel
module

So, first thing I found - X driver does not autoload agpgart on startup.
While the "original" Fedora does (I use standard Fedora kernel, no
tweaks, just FYI). This is the probem #1. OK, not a big problem - I
loaded agpgart manually and started X again. Now XFree.0.log says
"Direct rendering enabled". But still glxinfo is not happy:

% LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/tls/libGL.so.1.2 glxinfo |grep direct
direct rendering: No
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect

I explicitly pointed to the libGL.so shipped with dri snapshots (just in
case it uses the old library for some reason...)

--
Sergey