On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 03:25:49PM +0000, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> > It should be "radeon" actually. My bad...
> I knew! I knew! :)
>
> Well, anyway - this does not explain why libGL cannot find dri while
> xfree86.0.log says it is there...
>
> Sergey

It must be the TLS thingy. Do

  ldd /usr/bin/X11/glxinfo

It should point to the right one. If it points to */tls/libGl.* then
rename that "tls" into something else, until it uses the right one. If
you want to experiment with environent vars, you can do that with the
above command too:

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=... ldd /usr/bin/X11/glxinfo

But from what I could understand, for with directory in the search path,
ld.so will first try to check for a 'tls' subdir for the library, and I
don't think there is a way to prevent that with environment vars...

Probably in the long run, the install.sh script should install a
tls/liGL too, or at least rename the existing one...

Jose Fonseca