Felix,

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:51:40PM +0100, Felix Kühling wrote:

> José, many people are having this libexpat problem. What's the
> recommended method to add some sort of trouble-shooting entry in the
> Wiki? The TroubleShooting template seems to be tailored for
> application-specific problems. We could use it though to make one page
> InstallationProblems to cover typical installation problems.

This is something that only happens with the binary snapshots - when the
DRI drivers are packaged by a distribution or built from source these
sort of problems won't happen - so I also agree think these should be
kept seperate in a single Wiki page, e.g., SnapshotsCaveats (or even in
a subsection of a more general InstallationProblems page if you like),
and mentioned in the Download page.

This makes even more sense as these sort of problems are very localized
in time (basically they appear when compatability is being broken
upstream on one of the driver dependencies, or locally in our CVS), so
it doesn't make sense to have an individual page for each problem as
they'll disapear eventually.

Jose Fonseca