On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 10:29, Brian Paul wrote:
> Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 09:58:44AM -0800, Jon Smirl wrote:
> >
> >>--- Alan Hourihane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >>So Mesa/newtree is going to be the master copy of the dri drivers, including the
> >>ones in mesa/dri/drivers? I'm all for that after doing the merge a couple of
> >>times.
> >

> > Yes.

> >>Is this going to cause a lot of anon cvs load that currently is on
> >>freedesktop.org to revert back to sf.net (with all of it's problems)? Does mesa
> >>need to move cvs to freedesktop now?
> >

> > I guess that's Brian's call. I don't believe he had intentions to move it.
> >
> > I think SourceForge has fixed the CVS problems of times gone by.
>
> If SF's CVS causes problems, I'm OK with moving Mesa to freedesktop.

It would make me happy.  5 out of my last 7 tries to "cvs up"
anonymously just now failed, and of course my patch for icc didn't make
it in due to the mirroring.  I think this is going to get more annoying
as we've moved the DRI driver development to Mesa.  Plus, we'd get cvsup
if we moved.

I think the switchover this time wouldn't be so horribly painful, as
I've learned the lesson to just make the switch and bring peoples'
changes over by hand instead of trying to get a clean snapshot of the
latest tree.

Might also be an opportunity to make "Mesa-newtree" "Mesa" again :-)

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]