Felix Kühling wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:14 -0600
"David D. Hagood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alan Hourihane wrote:

I'm going to merge the newmesa branch to the trunk in a few moments.

I've giving people a heads up that I'm going to delete the xc/extras/Mesa
directory and insist on people checking out a copy of Mesa's newtree and
people setting that in their xc/config/cf/host.def file to point to their
checked out copy.

What about having the Make process check out the appropriate version to a directory within the DRI build?

That way, you can also force the Make to check out a specific tag of the Mesa tree, to control when changes are applied, or let it check out the HEAD of the branch.

It would be annoying for people with dialup connections if make required
access to a remote CVS repository.

The idea behind tracking Mesa in this way is to allow updates to come across quickly without merges during this stabilization period. Eventually there will be a copy of Mesa pulled into the DRI tree - presumably the latest stable release.

At this point, I would expect that people working on the DRI drivers will be building them out of the Mesa tree - the DRI tree will remain for work on the infrastructure and 2D drivers. I don't think it's possible to build a DRI driver in the mesa tree right now, but the work to do so is trivial (I've done it previously on the old embedded branch).

As I think about it, I'd like to see the DRM come out of the DRI tree and have its own CVS repository, probably seperate to mesa, but there's no rush on this.

Keith