On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:36:16 -0800 (PST)
Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Felix,
>
>   I realize you are focusing on the 3D side, but I noticed that the HW
> XvMC stuff isn't in cvs.  I would assume that should pretty much just
> drop into place once the mesa port is done?  No sense in dropping that
> if it works.

Yes. It is completely unrelated to the 3D driver. I noticed it once and
tried to compile and install it. However, I wasn't able to get it to
work with mplayer and I didn't have much time to spend on it. If you
have hardware to test and some time feel free to look into it. IIRC I
have some makefile changes in my tree to make XvMC compile and install.
I could just commit what I have.

OTOH, I was already playing with the thought to go back to XFree86's 2D
driver. The one from S3 has a few problems and is probably not very well
tested, and I don't feel like debugging it. It also has a few nice
features like interpolated hardware scaling Xv videos. Maybe it would be
possible to integrate those into XFree86's 2D driver. As to
DRI-awareness, the 2D driver on the savage-0-0-1-branch that was
modified by José Fonseca may be a good start.

> Alex

Regards,
  Felix

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.