On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:30:21 -0300
Rafael Maximo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 12:38 PM 18/12/2003, Felix Kühling wrote:
>
> >The device node is created by XFree86 when it looks for the DRM. Make
> >sure that the directory /dev/dri exists and that the Xserver has
> >permission to create new device nodes in it. The Xserver runs as root,
> >so that should not be a problem, but I vaguely remember a report about
> >/dev/dri directory permission problems.
> >
> >One more thing, there is another list of PCI IDs in
> >xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/savage.h. You
> >may have to add the savage4 PCI ID there.
>
> Yes, I just changed savage.h and it worked just fine, added this line:
>
> {0x533, 0x8a22, 0, "Savage4"}

Cool. I'm going to commit this soon.

> Where 0x8a22 is my chipID. After that glxinfo reported that direct render
> was working but i ran glxgears and i couldn't see anything, but it also
> reported about 500 FPS, i could only see some white and black colors on
> glxgears window.

Take a look at
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage/savage_bci.h. There are
conditionals

#if SAVAGE4
#endif

Try defining

#define SAVAGE4 1

just before and recompile/reinstall the 2D driver. It looks like this
affects enabling of the BCI which is used to transfer some 3D commands
and the tiling which was broken for you. If this works, we'll have to
find a way to choose the correct values at run-time rather than
compile-time.

Felix

> > >          Any help? beside the 3D problem, my screen is corrupted when my
> > > XFree86 starts, the same problem i posted before.
> >
> >Does the workaround 'Option "UseBios" "no"' help?
> >

> "UserBios" option didn't help, but i tried 'Option "DisableTile" "On"' and
> worked just fine.
>

> >Hmm, from the feedback I got so far it seems like there will be more
> >work required to get the Xserver side going before people can start
> >testing the 3D driver. :-/
> >
> >Felix
[snip]
> Rafael Máximo

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.