At 02:58 PM 20/12/2003, Felix Kühling wrote:

We had a similar problem with the 2D driver on the savage-1_0_0-branch.
Accelerated stuff worked just fine for me but direct frame buffer access
was broken. It turned out to be quite simple to fix. However, this fix
didn't work for Maximo, so I suspect that on Savage4 either 2D
acceleration is broken with tiling or tiling works differently and
direct frame buffer was still broken.

Maximo, you can find out which of the above is true by disabling 2D
acceleration and see if direct fb access works. Maybe disabling 2D accel
would be a workaround until we fix the real problem.

I tried to use the "NoAccel" option, with this option the 2D is not corrupted but when i try to run glxgears the X server go back to the shell prompt and it doesn't show any error.

bye.

Rafael Máximo