On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:30:47 -0800 (PST)
Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd be willing to help on the 2D side, I just need to get ahold of an
> old savage board to test with.   I have an old laptop with a savage ix
> in it, but it's be in the process of being sold, so I doubt I'll be
> able to mess with it, plus there is no 3d support for savage3D core yet
> anyway.
> Assuming this card will work:
> http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=A397-16MB
> Perhaps I will pick it up and start working on the 2D side after the
> holidays.

That would be great. The card looks good. Probably the right one to
reproduce Rafael's problems. ;-)

> Felix, have you compared the utah savage 3D/MX/IX drivers with the S3
> savage4 code?  I'm wondering how difficult it would be to add 3D
> support for the older chips. old IX boards are dirt cheap:
> http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=S3298SDR-8MTV

No. I saw a comment about "utah stuff" in savagecontext.h though. I have
to take a look. It would probably be a good idea to add support for the
older cards sooner than later, before we start turning the driver
inside-out, putting more functionality into the DRM and so on.

> Alex
>
> --- Felix K_hling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.