On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:17:20 -0800 (PST)
Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Felix K_hling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:30:47 -0800 (PST)
> > Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I'd be willing to help on the 2D side, I just need to get ahold of
> > an
> > > old savage board to test with.   I have an old laptop with a savage
> > ix
> > > in it, but it's be in the process of being sold, so I doubt I'll be
> > > able to mess with it, plus there is no 3d support for savage3D core
> > yet
> > > anyway.
> > > Assuming this card will work:
> > > http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=A397-16MB
> > > Perhaps I will pick it up and start working on the 2D side after
> > the
> > > holidays.
> >
> > That would be great. The card looks good. Probably the right one to
> > reproduce Rafael's problems. ;-)
> >

> Will do.  I'll start working on it as soon as the holidays are over.
>

> > > Felix, have you compared the utah savage 3D/MX/IX drivers with the
> > S3
> > > savage4 code?  I'm wondering how difficult it would be to add 3D
> > > support for the older chips. old IX boards are dirt cheap:
> > > http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=S3298SDR-8MTV
> >
> > No. I saw a comment about "utah stuff" in savagecontext.h though. I
> > have
> > to take a look. It would probably be a good idea to add support for
> > the
> > older cards sooner than later, before we start turning the driver
> > inside-out, putting more functionality into the DRM and so on.
>
> I agree.  If you want I can buy a couple of the savage IX cards and
> mail you one for testing purposes, they are cheap enough... unless you
> have one at your disposal.

I don't have one. A card for testing would be extremely helpful but also
an obligation. ;-) Especially if someone else bought it for me. If you
could wait before buying the cards a bit longer? I'd like to take a look
at the Utah code first.

BTW, I just tried to find somewhere to buy a Savage IX card here in
Germany. I couldn't find anything, not even on Ebay. I only found a few
Savage4 and lots of S3 Trios. :-/ Hope you have better luck.

Merry Christmas,
  Felix

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.