Andreas Stenglein wrote:
here is what I fiddled together to support the 3rd TMU on radeon
and 6TMUs on r200.

I tried on R200 with multiarb.c and projtex.c and it works almost as it should.
(projtex is broken somehow on r200, even with only 2 TMUs)

The patches look ok. I've actually been working on something simultaneously which avoids the combinatoric explosion when using t_dd_vbtmp.h by allowing the driver to submit a list of vertex attributes at runtime. Currently it's slightly slower than t_dd_vbtmp.h, but codegen will fix that and should be a performance win as well. The new code is in tnl/t_vertex.[ch], I don't have an example of its use to post at this time, though.

I don't see why this patch can't be committed once it is working correctly, though.

ut2003_demo works a bit but then hangs the card (R200), sadly.
It did work longer on radeon (R100) last time I checked.

q3a works.. but I think it only uses 2 TMUs.

Felix: could you have a look at it and maybe show me
how to make the maxTexUnits configureable between 1..3 / 1..6 and maybe default to 2 (for the moment) ?

Keith: there are some workarounds in r200_texstate.c for q3a.
how should that get extended? (dbg values)
Are these workarounds still needed?

I believe they are.

Keith