On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:00:46 -0800 (PST)
Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> whoops.  I'll have to check that out.  Can you point me to the code?
> I'm assuming savage_span in the DRI somewhere?  Also, only 16 bpp works

The span stuff itself is in savagespan.c in the Mesa driver. However, it
gets the line pitch from the Xserver during initialization. It is set in
savage_dri.c:1432. Using ulAperturePitch here fixed the pitch in 16 and
32 bit modes (when tiling was still enabled and 32bit mode worked).
However, this seems to be wrong with linear mode. I havn't been able to
figure out why yet. Everything looks right to me. ulAperturePitch is
just set in SavageEnableMode to lDelta in the linear case.

> at the moment on savage4.  I've only been able to run one 3d app at 32
> bpp, glxheads from the mesa demos.  all the rest spit out this error
> message:
> savagedma.c:39: SavageDMACommit: Assertion: 'end <= dmaBuff->allocEnd'
> failed.
> aborted.
> Perhaps not enough memory for much 3d at 32 bpp?  my card only has 16
> MB.

I saw it too when I wanted to check if the line pitch is broken in 32bpp
mode too. The assertion failure is coming from the new DMA code. It
indicates that someone tried to commit more DMA memory than he
allocated. However, due to a gdb bug (I think) I can't get a usefull
backtrace. This is as far as it gets:

#0  0x401dad89 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x401dad89 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0x402e6f30 in ?? () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#2  0xc0000000 in ?? ()
#3  0x401dc5e1 in abort () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

Can you get a real backtrace?

No hurry. I'm going to bed now.

Felix

> at 32 bpp, glxheads shows the same corruption that glxgears, etc. had
> before I fixed the linear/tile code.  I suspect I'll need to muck
> around with the bitmap descriptors and tiling regs again and find out
> what's breaking 32 bpp.
>
> Alex
>
> --- Felix K_hling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I just noticed that your changes broke the line pitch in the span
> > functions (again). You see the effect when you run xscreensaver hacks
> > with
> > -fps. I'll see if I can fix it once more. ;-)
> >
> > Felix
> >
> > On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:45:10 -0800 (PST)
> > Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.