On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 14:40, Alex Deucher wrote:
> er... well, the bitmap descriptor speed up in my last email was a
> fluke... that code I changed never actually gets run, so the speed up
> was just a random fluke I guess.
>
> What is SavageInitBuffers() in savage_dri.c supposed to do?  all of its
> content is commented out.  it seems to contain the actual code that
> writes to the front/depth/back descriptors (via SavageSelectBuffer()).
> uncommenting the code produces a big black rectangle in the lower right
> of the screen when 3D apps are run.  I can't seem to find where the
> front/back/depth BitmapDesc and Offset are written to their respective
> regs.  I thought thats what SavageSelectBuffer() did, but it never gets
> called, and yet the values seem to get there somehow... perhaps in the
> DRI driver?

IIRC *InitBuffers was used to clear the back/depth buffers when they got
created, but it was decided later that the server didn't need to be
responsible for that and the client driver would do it.  So, it's
generally been commented out or disabled.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]