Michel DÃnzer wrote:
Finally some progress on this front! :)

I tracked down the lighting problems in the xscreensaver queens hack
to attenuation being broken. I noticed that the R200 DDK reference
driver does much more to handle it, in fact our driver doesn't seem
to enable it at all!

http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/r200-attenuation.diff

makes things look much better in general, but in particular in
bzflag. :) I'd like to get a review from an OpenGL guru before
committing it though.

I'm curious if this helps with NWN. There are still minor problems,
e.g. in the xscreensaver endgame hack, but those might be related to
colour material (known to horribly break trackballs, e.g.).
Yes! This did it! NWN lighting is much, much better now, the previously
seriously messed up areas now look almost completely correct. Great work!
Some minor lighting problmes still remain (I spotted 3 which might be related though):
- selected doorways should be half-transparent, blue. Instead they are anything from almost black to grey (depending on map)
- If the main character is selected, it should "shine". There is some light around the character, but the character itself doesn't shine.
- If a path is selected, a green target indicator should appear (indicating where the character goes). Instead, the indicator is almost invisible (way too dark).
I can provide screenshots if you (or someone else) want to look at it.

Roland
btw I couldn't apply the patch cleanly, hat to do one part of it manually. Might be my fault, though.